Creamy chicken, served over pasta or rice for a warming family meal.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut in strips, room temp.
- 14 oz. chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Veggie Harvest Herbal Blend
- 2 cups carrots, large chop
- 2 cups broccoli florets, broken
- ½ lb. bacon, fried crisp, broken into large crumbles
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- 1 lb. pasta or rice, cooked and drained
Place chicken in crock pot. Top with chopped onion and garlic.
Sprinkle Veggie Harvest Herbal Blend over onion/garlic layer.
Lay cream cheese strips over blend.
(Note: If chicken must be in layers due to pot size, place some of the onion, garlic, herbal blend and cream cheese between the layers.)
Pour chicken broth gently around sides and over top of chicken.
Cook 5 hours, on medium / high heat.
After 5 hours, remove chicken to a large plate and break into large chunks. Cover and set aside.
Add carrots and broccoli to pot. Continue to cook for an additional hour.
With hand blender, whip approx. half of the cooked carrots and broccoli into sauce to thicken. If you do not have a hand blender, remove the carrots and broccoli to a bowl and mash.
Return chicken to crock pot.
Add bacon and Pepper Jack cheese to pot and gently stir in.
Heat till warmed through; approx. half an hour.
Serve over pasta or rice. Enjoy!