So good, and good for you too! Fill up on this rich recipe for a classic favorite.
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch green swiss chard, stems removed, ripped into pieces
- (approx. 8 cups gently packed) (If you prefer, use collard greens instead)
- 5 cups white mushrooms, cleaned, large chop
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. Hummingbird Haven Herbs Garlic & Herb blend
Add olive oil to large, non-stick pan. Add onions and garlic; simmer till translucent. Add mushrooms and beans. Simmer approx. 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Continue cooking on low to medium low heat. Add Swiss chard and some of the tomato juice from the can of tomatoes. Allow Swiss chard to wilt down and add the balance of the can of diced tomatoes. Mix greens in well with other ingredients. Add two tablespoons Garlic & Herb blend and stir in well.
Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
- Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- For a complete family meal add 1 lb. cut cooked chicken breast during the last simmering and allow to simmer an additional 4 minutes for chicken to absorb flavors.