Use our ‘Hearty Marinara’ sauce recipe, add a couple more ingredients and you have this satisfying evening supper!
- 1 lb. pasta or spaghetti, cooked and drained (reserve ¼ cup water)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, approx. 2 tbsp.
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. spring water
- 8-10 (1- 2oz. can) flat anchovy fillets, minced
- 3 tbsp. capers, minced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, large chop (don’t mince)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, large chop
- 3 cups Hearty Marinara Sauce (recipe above)
The pasta and the balance of the ingredients for the sauce will cook in about the same amount of time, so start the pasta water when you begin the sauce ingredients.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and anchovies. Minced anchovies should melt into ingredients, with no pieces remaining. Add a little of the spring water to keep moist. Do NOT brown. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add the Hearty Marinara Sauce; simmer approx. 5 minutes.
Drain cooked pasta and return it to the pot. Add reserved pasta water. Add capers, olives and parsley to the sauce, blending in. Pour sauce over drained pasta, stirring to combine.
Serve immediately with a tossed green salad and crusty bread. Enjoy!