This is a chunky marinara; able to stand up to any pasta you love!
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cup onion, small chop
- 4 plump cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. spring water
- 2 28 oz. cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 tbsp. level Taste of Tuscany Herbal Blend
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
In non-stick pot, pour in extra virgin olive oil. Saute´ onion and garlic on medium low heat till translucent. Add spring water if necessary to keep moist. Do NOT brown. Add tomatoes and simmer approx. 30 minutes, uncovered, stirring to prevent sticking. Stir in tomato paste and blend into sauce. Stir in Taste of Tuscany Herbal Blend; mix well. Allow to simmer an additional 10 minutes. Makes approx. 2 ½ quarts. Serve over your favorite pasta with garlic bread and a salad for a hearty family meal!