Who doesn’t love spinach dip? Especially festive in your hollowed out bread bowl for friends and family to share!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach, stems removed, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- ½ cup red onion, small dice
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. Veggie Harvest Herbal Blend
Use only enough of the olive oil to coat the bottom of a large pan. Add the carrots, red onion and saute lightly for 2 minutes. Add the spinach, spooning the carrots and onion over it to speed up wilting. Transfer to a strainer and press out any liquid. Add the Parmesan.
In a large bowl, put the softened cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Veggie Harvest Herbal Blend. Mix well.
Add the spinach, carrots and onions. Mix again. Refrigerate a minimum 2 hours or overnight. Mix again and serve in a hollowed out bread bowl with toasted bread chunks or baguettes .
Variation: Add 6 strips cooked, crispy, crumbled bacon before serving.